Thursday, October 23, 2014

30 Day Tardy Slip and Album Update

Some of you probably noticed that I've been failing miserably at the 30 day challenge.  I made it up to Day 12 on October 12, and here it is October 23 and I haven't posted ANYTHING over the last ten days.  Well, first let me assure you that I am healthy and well.  The fact is that I knew this month was going to be a difficult one to do this challenge.  In my teaching job, the month of October is arguably the most busy month of the entire school year.  I've spent seven of the last ten days on the road, gotten insufficient sleep, and in general am exhausted.  I knew when I started that I would probably not be able to write during this two week stretch, and I'm okay with that.  The important thing, particularly when pushing yourself to break habits or build new ones or to approach things differently... is just to start.  And I did that faithfully for twelve days.

Well, now life is finally starting to slow down a bit, so I'm going to pick up where I left off - Day 13 should be coming today (fingers crossed).  When I can, I'll do two songs a day in order to try to catch up.  This means my 30 day challenge will probably take me into November, and again, that's OK.  I will write these thirty songs.

On the album front, I'm now remembering why I put an early January deadline on finishing recording.  October is ridiculously busy!  The band hasn't even met for over a week, and that's simply driving me crazy.  So, for the time being, there is no album update, but I hope to have some good news for you soon.

For what it's worth, I'm very excited about a lot of the 30 Day Challenge songs making their way onto Lovelight, and would love to hear feedback from you as to which ones you'd like to see fully produced with a band.  Comment below and we'll return you to your reguarly scheduled songwriting challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment