Monday, October 6, 2014

Status report - 30 day writing challenge

5 days and 5 songs down.  Figured I'd stop and take a look back for a moment.

Back in July, the goal I set was to simply write three new songs, record a six song EP, and have a band to spend two weeks on the road with in summer 2015.  It was a pretty worthy goal, considering I'd only written 1 song in the previous two years and hadn't been in a band since 2011.

Since then, though, God has been blessing me abundantly.  He blessed me with a band that has the potential of being the best group of musicians I've ever had the pleasure of performing with.  He's blessed me with creativity- my goal of three new songs and an EP has blossomed into six new songs for the Lovelight album, four brand new songs for a Christmas musical (including the one DKG just recorded for the community CD), and I'm five songs in to a 30 day challenge.  These fifteen songs represent the most production I've had in my entire life, and I will be looking at FORTY SONGS by Halloween.

This has me seriously considering pulling some worship tunes off of Lovelight to make room for some of these 30 day challenge tunes and recording a separate worship album... but that's not the point.

The point is that God is faithful.  If we can pray and live boldly and go after our dreams, God will be faithful in going before us to prepare the way.

So what's your bold goal?  What dream has God laid on your heart but you've been too unsure to really go for it?  Psalm 34 says, "Taste and see that the Lord is good."  So are you ready to dive in and take your taste?

No comments:

Post a Comment