Tuesday, October 7, 2014

30 Day Writing Challenge - Day 7

Day 7 is here! One full week of writing, and I'm pleased with how things are going. I feel like all the songs are at least serviceable, so that's very good.

Today's song is actually one of my favorites so far, but I'm not terribly pleased with the performance on the video. My first take had the guitar turned up too loud so you couldn't hear the words.  I'm afraid that I turned it down too far, particularly for the 2 note chords. In any event, this very well might be one that makes its way onto an album, perhaps even onto Lovelight.


Lyrics:

Bending, breaking, stuck in this mess I'm making
Wondering how to escape the things I've done
Then I found you and the love that's all around you
Called me to something more than I'd become

I'm moving on, I'm moving on
Everything that tied me here is gone
I once was weak but now I'm strong
As I march through I sing my song
Feeling I belonged here all along
I'm moving on, I'm moving on
I'm moving on, I'm moving on

Twisted, broken, following the voice that's spoken
I know that you'll love me any way I am
One step then another you say, "come weary runner."
You take me, embrace me, then hold my shaking hand

No comments:

Post a Comment